11 gun safety rules:
- Always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction
- Firearms should be unloaded when not in use
- Don’t rely on your gun’s “safety”
- Be sure of your target and what’s beyond it
- Use the correct ammunition
- If your gun fails to fire when the trigger is pulled, handle with care!
- Always wear eye/ear protection when shooting
- Before shooting, be sure the barrel is clear of obstructions
- Do not alter or modify your gun.
- Service your gun regularly
- Learn the mechanical/handling characteristics of your firearm